The Language Resource Center is located in the basement of Jastak-Burgess Hall in room 006 just below the Administrative Offices of the Department of Languages Literatures and Cultures. Click on the map image above to see the building’s campus location.
Jastak-Burgess Hall is the home of the Department of Languages Literatures and Cultures and includes the department’s administrative offices, its Foreign Language Resource Center and faculty offices. The Rollins Conference Room also is located in Jastak-Burgess Hall. The new building combines two former fraternity houses, Sigma Phi Epsilon (built in 1922) and Sigma Nu (built in 1929), both designed by the architectural firm of Day & Klauder, which also planned the 40 acres that comprise or border The Green, purchased for the University by P.S. du Pont in 1915. Jastak-Burgess Hall is named in honor of UD alumna Dr. Sarah Jastak-Burgess and her husband, Leslie M. Burgess, whose gifts in support of the building and numerous donations of art and artifacts place them among the highest rank of University benefactors.